Sunday 24 June 2012

Monday Mama: StyleMyBabyLndn


Monday Mama

 Kids, Fashion and Blogging with some of the Nets most famous Latte Mama's

Monday Mama is back with an all new crowd of wonderful Mum's from across Britain and Europe, giving us an exclusive look into the latest in kids fashion and blogging straight from those that matter.  


StyleMyBabyLondon



We are pleased to welcome Kari Nyack of Style My Baby London. After a fulfilling career in fashion and interior design, Kari started her career as a showroom assistant for a high-end

wholesale fashion company in North London, She then began personal interior and fashion styling.

After styling client’s children as a sideline, 
this brought her to her true calling.…Style My Baby London was born!






Name: Kari Nyack

Location: London






Please tell us a bit about your services as a stylist?

My personal services are aimed at busy style conscious parents. 

"Turning children into mini fashionistas, bringing the perfect wardrobe to your door"

When the guilt ridden parent has been working all hours of the day all week, the last thing they want is to drag the kids to the stores to buy clothes at the weekends! Manic! A personal shopper and stylist is a blessing, someone who brings everything their child needs to their door, custom to their lifestyle, no stress, hassle free! Allowing weekends to be about family fun! I offer seasonal wardrobe, holiday wardrobe, and special occasion-wear styling as well as Interior design. I also do commercial projects, working with retailers and brands styling seasonal campaigns and Look-books etc.

How did you find your path to children styling?


I started working in fashion as a showroom assistant for a high end wholesale and distribution company, I then went on to designing Interiors for market properties. It was here I built up a client base and started personal styling clients workwear wardrobes. One day I was asked by a client to style their kids and that was it, I was hooked!


Which one is more fun? Fashion for you or for the kids?


Without a doubt, kids! I spend more on my kids than I do on myself!


How do you like to dress your son,  is he  giving his own input yet? 

He wears whatever, he is not really fussed. Although he does kick off sometimes about a particular pair of loafers because they leave marks on his feet! I dress him in all different kinds of looks, depends on my mood and what he is doing, if he is at nursery then I put less effort in as (I am sure that every mother experiences) he comes home an absolute wreck! 

My daughter however is not even 2 yet and she insists on wearing her wellies with everything! (at home nothing but!) I just go with it though, I think it's quite funny and adorable that she is expressing herself so young!


As a mother to a boy, what advice do you have for mothers who struggle finding stylish clothes for their sons?



It is true, there is a heck of a lot more available for girls! But there are some great finds out there for boys in the high street and designer wear, also there are some fab unisex brands. The childrenswear industry is growing so I don't think it will be too much of a problem for much longer!


What are your favorite finds in the baby fashion world?



Again there are lots of great unisex brands that concentrate on comfort as well as style, such as Indikidual and Beau Loves. On the high street Baby Gap and Zara Baby are always a winner. Designer brands, I love
Chloe and Paul Smith. 


Do you think runway fashion inspires children's fashion at all, or is it the other way around? 


Yeah absolutely, obviously the styles are designed to cater for children, but colours and fabrics etc all follow a similar trend.


What is your favourite SS2012 trend?


Colour blocking because it works so well with children! Also florals, neons and metallics are a favourite, but they will be back next Spring/Summer, hopefully it's a better one!

What do you predict will be the most popular one for AW 2012? 


AW fashion is probably my favourite! Of course I do prefer the sunny weather but I just love winter fashion, I love furs, boots, scarfs, hats, gloves and in this country it's one trend that is here to stay! I think kids look so adorable all wrapped up for the cold weather, big coats, woolly hats and rosy cheeks!



What's your top wish list items from www.latte-mama.com?


I love the No Added Sugar Trapeze Jump-Suit, that's in a Liberty print too right? I also love the No Added Sugar Ovation dress.

Ovation Dress, Trapeze Jump-Suit both by No Added Sugar



No comments:

Post a Comment