Monday 2 July 2012

Monday Mama: Lisa Gusto


Name: Lisa Gustafsson
Location: London
 Twitter: @LisaGusto
 Website/Blog:  http://lisagusto.com/




Please tell us a bit more about your blog, and why you started it


I blog about wellness and beauty, with a bit of fashion thrown in.
My healers/trainers suggested I started a blog, and I love it!

How did you find you find your way to London after growing up in Sweden?

I came to London to work as a news reader for a Swedish TV station, broadcasting from London to avoid the strict advertising laws in Sweden.
When the news service moved back to Sweden I commuted for awhile working on news and presenting a film program. But the love of my life was in London and long distance relationships simply don’t work, so I left Stockholm to live in the best city in the world!


What are the main differences you’ve noticed with trends and clothes between the UK and Sweden.

I adore fashion and have done for as long as I can remember! I love sitting in a cafes in London just getting inspired by the fashion theatre on the streets.
In Sweden it’s all about keeping warm and not straying too far from the “uniform look” of skinny jeans and top. I like that look too, but not every day all year round.
.

 What advice do you have for people who are trying to live a healthier and more holistic life
.
Stop frying in olive oil, use coconut oil instead!
Olive oil is absolutely amazing but heating the oil destroys the antioxidants. Add the oil after cooking and you get all the health benefits.
 Coconut oil on the other hand can take the heat. And eating a tablespoon of raw organic coconut oil is really good for you, it can boost your metabolism and your immune system!

Which one is more fun? Fashion for you or for the kids?

For ME!  My budget is basically nil at the moment, but I’m digging out a lot of my vintage treasures and spend my money on shoes, for now.

At school I worked in a super hip fashion store  in Stockholm during the weekends. We had a nice clothing budget but I owed them money by the time a quit!. My parents attic is full of goodies like the Gaultier puff boll skirt, Moschino jackets and interesting shoes, from that time!



How do you like to dress your sons, are they giving you their own input yet?

I normally go for a rock and roll look. The little one is 4 and has no say, but my 8 year old is just a pain. 90 percent of the clothes I buy him I have to return, he’s very particular! No prints and no stripes, the list goes on..!

As a mother to boys, what advice do you have for mothers who struggle finding stylish clothes for their sons?

It’s much harder to find cool stuff for boys, but then I would be ruined if I had a daughter!


 What are your favorite finds in the baby fashion world?


It’s like for adults; you need to find the clothes that are cut for your kids body type. I’ve got one tall string bean: Gap/H&M are a complete no-no.
Jeans are a nightmare, Swedish Brand Mini Rodini and French brand Catimini fits him really well.
My 4 year old is rounder so most brands are OK on him. I buy his jeans from Polarn O Pyret (only the skinny ones) and Mini Rodini super stretchy jeans are good on most kids.
,
I tend to go for the scandi-brands like Mini Rodini, The Brand, Nova star, P.O.P, Acne, Miniature, but also Diesel, Catimini, No added Sugar and Petit bateau for basics.
Jasper Conran for Debenhams also have some really nice pieces.



What's your top wish list items from www.latte-mama.com?





No comments:

Post a Comment