Sunday 13 May 2012

Monday Mama: MrsAgathaMarple

Monday Mama

 Kids, Fashion and Blogging with some of the Nets most famous Latte Mama's

Monday Mama is back with an all new crowd of wonderful Mum's from across Britain and Europe, giving us an exclusive look into the latest in kids fashion and blogging straight from those that matter.  


This week we have the pleasure of MrsAgathaMarple,
a mother, wife and experienced blogger from Finland.

She gave birth to her adorable son in spring 2008, which is when it all started. She went on to start her very own blog shortly after in October 2008 and she loves blogging still.
Name: Sari


We have to ask Mrs Agatha, where did the name for your blog come from?

Well, I'm a huge fan of Agatha Christie, love her detective stories and my favourite is Jane Marple. So when I thought about a name for my blog that would stand out, MrsAgatha was the coolest name I could think of and the address also has Marple in it =)

You have been blogging for years now, have you noticed any changes in the children’s fashion blogging world?

Yes, there are more sponsored blogs, brands and businesses have realized how easy it is to advertise via blogs.

What's it like blogging in two languages at the same time, and do you ever feel like skipping one?

I feel like skipping all the time! :D It's quite hard to write in 2 languages but I can't skip Finnish since most of my readers are from Finland. And I can't skip English as I've noticed an increasing amount of readers outside Finland =)

How has your sons style changed since becoming older, do you even get to decide his outfit anymore?

When he was a baby I bought him very colourful retro-style clothes (brands like Ej Sikke Lej and Småfolk were my favourites then). But nowadays he dresses more like me, black and grey being the most used colours with some more colourful things too. I'm a lucky mama and he lets me to choose his clothes still! :D

He really doesn't care about what he wears, he's happy if the clothes are comfortable.

Scandinavian fashion has become very popular lately. Are there any must have Finnish brands out there, and how would you define Finnish fashion?

I recommend checking out brands MinuMinu and Aarrekid, those are the best Finnish brands for kids. Also Nosh Organics is cool.

Almost all Finnish brands use organic/recycled materials for the clothes and the designs are quite simple but feature a few unique twists. Most of the children's brands in Finland are retro-inspired since that kind of style is a big hit at the moment in Finland.

What has been your best fashion find in the past?

For myself: Swedish Hasbeens-shoes and for the boy: Vans-shoes (can you tell that I love shoes ;D)

What is your favourite trend for S/S 2012?

I love the colourful jeans!

What do you predict will be the most popular one for AW 2012?

I'd say sequins and warm jumpers.

What are your top wish list items from www.latte-mama.com?


Clockwise from top: Robot Tee £22; Puss Shirt £28;
SunBirds Hat £15.50; Out of Pocket Jumper £17; Roley Poley Pants £32





No comments:

Post a Comment