Monday 16 January 2012

Monday Mama #10

Join us in getting to know the gorgeous Mags mum to beautiful Ben and who started blogging for the milestones and now is a true mum blogger.

Name: Mags Allmark

Blogname: Mummy's Space

Website: http://www.mummysspace.com/

Twitter name: @mmeeee

Location: West London

Keeping it brief:

I'm Mags, a former software developer who has given up coding to become a stay at home mummy to Ben, a very energetic toddler who is averse to sleep, loves running about, climbing, strawberries, my iPad and generally anything he shouldn't have. Originally from Cork, Ireland I moved to London in 2004 where I now live with my husband, son and our little chihuahua Coco.

Why I blog and how it started:

I started blogging shortly after Ben was born in September 2009 but didn't begin properly until June 2011 and now I'm hooked. I love the outlet it gives me. Initially I saw it as a way to keep an online record of Ben's major milestones but that has grown into other areas of interest and I now find myself writing regularly about iPad / iPhone apps, baby and children's products, I also take part in The Gallery and The 366 Project and write about everyday issues and events that take my interest as and when.

My nicknames for the LatteBaby:

Nicknames tend to be variations of his name Benjamin, we call Ben most of the time but also Benjy and Benj.

One thing I know I shouldn't let my child do but allow anyways:

During Christmas we had lots of chocolate decorations hanging on the tree which Ben soon discovered. I used to strategically place one (or two) within his reach each day and watch as he discovered them. As a result he probably had a little too much chocolate over Christmas!

The things I'm happy to say Ben got from me:

Ben has brown eyes like mine and lots of curls just like I had as a baby (and probably still would if I didn't use my trusty GHD's).

I'm a LatteMama because:

I love being a Mummy and feel very lucky to get to spend so much time with Ben. It makes me happy, and like anything else if you're happy it shows.

How motherhood has changed me and my style:

I've given up the world of city working so no longer need a smart working wardrobe and wearing heels everyday is just not an option especially when chasing after a speedy toddler.

The one piece of advice I'd give to new mums is:

Be yourself and trust in your own instincts.

My future projects and goals are:

Continue to enjoy blogging and hopefully gain more readers along the way. I'm also planning a redesign of my blog which will involve me trying to remember my developer skills...

The one thing I'd choose from LatteMama for the little one would be:

I love the Out Of Pocket hooded jumper - the detail with the patches on the elbows and fake pockets is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment