Monday 9 January 2012

Monday Mama #9


Before LatteMama even existed, and our obsession for children's fashion was only a passion Little Scandinavian was our source to a wonderful world with no boundaries. The blog is down to earth yet lets us explore all exciting things children, fashion, and scandinavia related.This is the blog you've all heard about and here's the woman you need to know more about.

Name: Bianca Wessel

Blogname: Little Scandinavian

Website: http://littlescandinavian.com

Twitter name:@scandinavianmum

Location: London, UK

Keeping it brief: Norwegian living in London, UK with my husband and the two girls age 10 and 6 years, with a burning passion for sharing all things trendy and beautiful made with little ones in mind.

Why I blog and how it started: When moving from Norway to the UK in 2007 I started blogging, mainly to keep family and friends back home posted on how we were getting on. Then realising the huge interest for all things Scandinavian, especially for kids, I Little Scandinavian was founded in 2009.

My nicknames for the LatteBabies: Not so much babies or little any longer but they are known as Little B and Little A.

One thing I know I shouldn't let my children do but allow anyways: Stay up too late. We don't run a strict bedtime regime and it can result in very tired girls the following day.

The things I'm happy to say my children got from me: They have clearly got my blonde hair and blue eyes as my husband is dark. But otherwise I think they are both a good mixture of both our genes.

I'm a LatteMama because: I see myself far more as a slummy mummy than as a yummy mummy, so I choose to think I'm a lattemama simply because I consume in average 3-4 latte a day -true!

How motherhood has changed me and my style: Motherhood and age has changed my style into wanting quality rather than quantity. Also I love well made clothes and products that are kind to my skin and the environment.

The one piece of advice I'd give to new mums is: Trust in yourself and listen to your instinct.

My future projects and goals are: I'm currently very happy with blogging on Little Scandinavian and developing the Little Scandinavian concept. I also enjoy a bit of freelance writing, some consulting and pr work on the side.

The one thing I'd choose from LatteMama for the little ones would be... For the boys I quite like the the simple style knitted jumper featuring a soft slouch hood with fun intasia mock pockets and elbow patches in a cotton wool mix from No added sugar. For the girls I would definitely choose the handmade chalk white dress from Rafens with marine blue and red details. It's so unique and sweet and will be great for the coming spring summer season with a pair bright red or sea blue clogs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment