Monday 30 January 2012

Monday Mama #12


One of our loveliest and dearest Twitter friends Charlotte is this weeks Monday Mama. Check out what this honest mum says about style, her plans of never getting married and motherhood.

Name: Charlotte

Blogname: I'm only saying what you're thinking...

Website: www.onlysayingwhatyourethinking.blogspot.com

Twitter name @yesimcharlotte

Location: Kent

Keeping it Brief

After deciding I wasn't into the whole marriage and babies thing, I met my husband at work (he was my boss) and we got married and had a baby! Up until two years agoI worked in the creative industry but now I spend my days looking after our daughter. For now...

We love your blog. How did you start it and where did you find the inspiration from?

Thank you! I started it after not being able to find any honest blogs about pregnancy and motherhood. They were all sugar coated. I'm not stupid, I knew it wasn't all perfect pregnancies and amazing babies that don't cry or keep you up all night so I thought I'd tell it how it is. Every last gruesome detail. I found inspiration from everyone who told me pregnancy is just wonderful and motherhood is a peaceful experience. As if!

Both you and your blog are very honest, do you think there's a lack of it out there?

I used to think so but now more and more people are being honest

about their experiences. Before I think they were afraid people

would see them as selfish for complaining about being so blessed.

But as Mama's we're allowed to vent about our troubles otherwise we'dgo crazy!

Tell us about any nicknames you have for your little one?

I call her Lil or Bubs.

One thing you know you shouldn't let your child do but allow it anyways

I give her chocolate sometimes. She can smell it from a mile off,

I'm sure. A little chocolate monster!

Talk about one thing you're convinced your child has inherited from you

Her determination. I've never let anyone tell me I can't do something and she's exactly the same. It isn't disobedience, it's her strong will. If she really wants to do something (just recently - crawl), she will.

We've noticed how incredibly stylish you are, and we love it! Do you and Lil ever match or would you ever consider doing that?

Haha, thank you! We've never matched on purpose. Sometimes we'll both wear skinny jeans and a top and I'll realise later in the day that we match. We've both acquired so much leopard print that the chances of us both wearing a piece of it is very high! Like Pat Butcher and her mini sidekick!

What makes you a LatteMama?

I only allow myself one slummy day which involves sweatpants and an old tee. And I always smile! Your smile always brightens up someone's day.

How has motherhood changed you and your style?

I can no longer wear heels everyday! And I try to dress for comfort whilst looking presentable. I layer up a lot too. When Lil is having a tantrum I tend to get a bit flustered, especially in public!

If there's one advice you can give to new mothers what would it be?

Take lots of photos. Who cares if people think you're a baby paparazzo? It's your baby and they grow up SO fast. Cherish every second.

What are your future projets, and goals?

'I'd like to go back to work at some point, whether it's back in to the creative industry or to try something different. I really enjoy writing so I guess we'll see. I only have one goal and that is to ensure Lilian continues to be a smiley, happy child.

If you could choose one piece of clothing from LatteMama for your little ones,

what would it be?

Ah I love it all! But it would have to be the Ahoy skull and cross bone tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment