Monday 19 December 2011

Monday Mama #8

Laura may think of coffee when she hears the word LatteMama, but we've chosen Laura and her blog because she not only defines what a LatteMama is but she has made it all easier for us to take our children out and make sure they're with us every step of the way. She shows us the terrifying London in a different light, makes it child safe but still mum fun.

Name: Laura Evans Vogel
Blogname: London-baby.com
Website: www.london-baby.com
Twitter name Londonbabymum
Location: Pimlico, London

We love your website. How did you start it and where did you find the inspiration?

Thank you very much!! When my daughter was born, I had been working in London for two years. I had no family and all my friends were at work, so I was incredibly lonely when I first became a mother. We lived in Paddington at the time and I made it a point to find all that there was to do in Noting Hill, Bayswater, Marylebone, Kensington and of course Paddington. We moved to Pimlico 18 months after my daughter was born and I had to begin all over again. I originally thought I would make a guide book and quickly discovered a blog is far more fun!! I tried really hard to put a useful tool together for mums in need of companionship and help people take advantage of all the city has to offer for kids.

Your site has so many updates and you can truly find anything baby
related on there, how do you find the energy and the balance between family and London-baby?

I hate the flat getting messy and cleaning up all the time and cope by getting out as much as we can. My husband happily takes the kids every Saturday on a long adventure through London while I work, we can just about keep it running by working mornings, evenings and an hour in the day.

Tell us about any nickname you have for your little ones?

We have an extensive list of nicknames for our kids and they are not that interesting. However, my oldest calls me “mommy-girl” and it is the best nick name I have ever heard.

One thing you know you shouldn’t let your children but allow it anyways:

Watch loads of DVD’s. I justify it by saying that we don’t have any childcare, so I need an hour each day to work on the site and an hour or two in the evening.

The one thing you’re convinced your children have inherited from you.

My eldest is super chatty and my youngest gets easily frustrated.

What makes you a LatteMama?

I am taking the title literally; my eldest has never gotten tired, she slept through the night at age 4 ... coffee is how I coped with 1,001 sleepless nights.

How has motherhood changed you and your style?

I used to be all black and neutrals with very short hair. My daughter has begged I embrace my feminine side, grow my hair and “always wear something pretty”. Both my kids hate me wearing black and I now have incorporated a great deal of colour into my style.

If there's one advice you would give new mother what would it be?

Babies don’t read baby books, so don’t bother with them.

What are your future projets, and goals?

To make London-baby commercially successful by writing about obscure cultural events for families living in or visiting central London (ha ha)

The clothes Laura would pick for her son and daughter are the green moose by LiPFish and the chequered shirt by no added sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment