Friday 30 December 2011

That New thing

2 years ago, on this day I knew that my new years eves would never be the same, if celebrated at all, they would be quiet and always celebrated at home and never with my friends. It's because 2 years ago, I was told I was going to be induced on the 1st of January. Instantly that new years eve was different, it entailed nesting, getting my hospital bag ready and trying to overshadow the fireworks by hoovering the room which soon would belong to not just me but a brand new baby.

I had heard enough induction stories to think I would in fact give birth on the 2nd but baby was in a hurry and very keen to be born on the first day of the years. Because of this, i've made it a rule to always spend his birthday in Sweden. Sure, that would make it easier to go out not he 31st knowing there's someone to take care of him, but I just can't. Last year, I fell asleep with him on the sofa 15 minutes before being woken up by loud fireworks at midnight and then quickly gone back to sleep again. I also spent half of the day on the 31st baking his birthday cake and half of the day on the 1st finishing it off. This year, I'm doing the same. I will be making a train cake. Thankfully you won't have to taste it, only enjoy the pretty pictures. If pretty at all.

Time has flown by so past this week, I can't believe it's friday let alone the night before new years eve. This means no resolutions have been written, and a outfit hasn't been picked. So while I do that and get back to you on the details, I wish you all a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment