Thursday 29 December 2011

A Personal thing

I'm going to get slightly personal now and not behave professional at all. I'm a single mum to a wonderful soon to be 2 year old, I've shared with family and friends that I will never have a second one (there is a slight medical problem involved, but I like to pretend the choice is mine). For the past year I have seriously considered fostering a child. When people ask me why, I can't say much more than "I want to be there for someone". When I had my son I was really proud of what a good mother I was, and what a good person I had become. If I'm a good mother to an only child, why can't I share that with someone who truly needs someone? This night has been a sleepless one, so I decided to stay up and google foster and adoption options in the UK. Suddenly 20 pages with different children charities came up. LatteMama donates a sum to both CARE international and Every Child each months, and getting involved with a third one was something I thought would come later in the year. but here I am, 2.40 am in Sweden and I've just finished reading every about us page, what we do page and how to get involved page, and I've decided there's room to get even more involved.

I have a plan, but as mentioned it is now 2.41 in the morning, and if I write it down I'm sure a lot of editing will take place in the morning. I can reveal that the charity I have fallen in love with is Barnardos . Something about it really caught my eye. I can't say much more except, it will be very simple to get involved, it will be fun, it will be help so many children and I am truly hoping we can help make 2012 a little bit brighter for someone out there. I'll let you all know tomorrow what the plan is, I hope you approve and I apologise for my 2.44 babbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment